Delay-tolerant Adaptive Robust Tracking Control of Uncertain Time-Delay Systems
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Delay-tolerant Adaptive Robust Tracking Control of Uncertain Time-Delay Systems
- Suraj Nandiganahalli, Jayaprakash; Kwon, Cheolhyeon; Hwang, Inseok
- Issue Date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATIC CONTROL
- The simultaneous presence of parameter variations, time-varying disturbances, and input delay of an n-th order dynamical system makes tracking control design difficult. Existing model-based control methods can handle only a subset of the above complexities and hence become insufficient. In this paper, a prediction-based adaptive robust control (PARC) framework is proposed for high performance control of systems subject to the above complexities, which involves: i) prediction-based projection type adaptation laws with model compensation to reduce the effect of parameter uncertainties under delay and time-varying disturbances; ii) a robust prediction scheme that factors in both unknown parameters and disturbance uncertainties under delay to handle the resulting unmatched disturbances; and iii) prediction-based continuous robust feedback to attenuate the cumulative effect of disturbance terms due to uncertain prediction. The controller guarantees semi-global, exponential convergence of the tracking error with an ultimate error bound proportional to delay and disturbance. The controller effectiveness is demonstrated with a flight control example and compared with the b.
- Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.