Bitmap-assisted focused ion beam fabrication of combined atomic force scanning electrochemical Microscopy probes
Cited 4 times inCited 3 times in
- Bitmap-assisted focused ion beam fabrication of combined atomic force scanning electrochemical Microscopy probes
- Moon, Jong-Seok; Shin, Heungjoo; Mizaikoff, Boris; Kranz, Christine
- Bifunctional scanning probes; Focused ion beam; Nanoelectrodes
- Issue Date
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, v.51, no.3, pp.920 - 924
- Bitmap assisted focused-ion-beam (FIB) milling for the fabrication of combined atomic force scanning electrochemical microscopy (AFM-SECM) probes is presented. This technique facilitates the integration of frame-shaped nanoelectrodes recessed from the AFM tip. Thereby, the fabrication process for bifunctional AFM-SECM tips is significantly simplified while maintaining high reproducibility with reduced FIB milling time/cost. Additionally, different electrode geometries (frame- and disk-shaped) and a wide variety of ratios between electrode size and re-shaped AFM tip length can be easily maintained. Disk nanoelectrodes can be integrated with radii down to 50 nm after appropriate pre-modification of the AFM tip. Characterization and performance of bifunctional probes are demonstrated by using cyclic voltammetry at the tip-integrated electrodes and simultaneous imaging in contact mode AFM and feedback-mode SECM operation. Atomic force microscopy, AFM, Scanning electrochemical microscopy, SECM,.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.