Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of Trap1 complexed with Hsp90 inhibitors
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of Trap1 complexed with Hsp90 inhibitors
- Kang, Byoung Heon; Jeong, Hanbin; Lee, Changwook
- Issue Date
- ACTA CRYSTALLOGRAPHICA SECTION F-STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY AND CRYSTALLIZATION COMMUNICATIONS, v.70, no.12, pp.1683 - 1687
- Hsp90 is a molecular chaperone responsible for the assembly and regulation of many cellular client proteins. In particular, Trap1, a mitochondrial Hsp90 homologue, plays a pivotal role in maintaining mitochondrial integrity, protecting against apoptosis in cancer cells. The N (N-terminal)-M (middle) domain of human Trap1 was crystallized in complex with Hsp90 inhibitors (PU-H71 and BIIB-021) by the hanging-drop vapour-diffusion method at pH 6.5 and 293 K using 15% PEG 8K as a precipitant. Diffraction data were collected from crystals of the Trap1-PU-H71 (2.7 A) and Trap1-BIIB-021 (3.1 A) complexes to high resolution at a synchrotron-radiation source. Preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis revealed that both crystals belonged to space group P41212 or P43212, with unit-cell parameters a = b = 69.2, c = 252.5 A, and contained one molecule per asymmetric unit according to Matthews coefficient calculations.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.