Enhancement of ferroelectricity in strained BaTiO3 thin films
Cited 681 times inCited 647 times in
- Enhancement of ferroelectricity in strained BaTiO3 thin films
- Choi, Kyoung Jin; Biegalski, M; Li, YL; Sharan, A; Schubert, J; Uecker, R; Reiche, P; Chen, YB; Pan, XQ; Gopalan, V; Chen, LQ; Schlom, DG; Eom, CB
- ELECTRICAL-PROPERTIES; THICKNESS DEPENDENCE; HETEROSTRUCTURES; SUPERLATTICES; POLARIZATION; MULTILAYERS; TEMPERATURE; TRANSITION; DEFECTS
- Issue Date
- AMER ASSOC ADVANCEMENT SCIENCE
- SCIENCE, v.306, no.5698, pp.1005 - 1009
- Biaxial compressive strain has been used to markedly enhance the ferroelectric properties of BaTiO3 thin films. This strain, imposed by coherent epitaxy, can result in a ferroelectric transition temperature nearly 500degreesC higher and a remanent polarization at least 250% higher than bulk BaTiO3 single crystals. This work demonstrates a route to a lead-free ferroelectric for nonvolatile memories and electro-optic devices.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.