Metal/graphene sheets as p-type transparent conducting electrodes in GaN light emitting diodes
Cited 28 times inCited 19 times in
- Metal/graphene sheets as p-type transparent conducting electrodes in GaN light emitting diodes
- Lee, Jung Min; Jeong, Hae Yong; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Il Park, Won
- Blue light emissions; Current spreading; Electroluminescent intensity; GaN light-emitting diodes; Image brightness; P-type; P-type GaN; Transparent conducting electrodes; Transparent sheets
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.99, no.4, pp.1 - 3
- We demonstrate the use of graphene based transparent sheets as a p-type current spreading layer in GaN light emitting diodes (LEDs). Very thin Ni/Au was inserted between graphene and p-type GaN to reduce contact resistance, which reduced contact resistance from similar to 5.5 to similar to 0.6 Omega/ cm(2), with no critical optical loss. As a result, LEDs with metal-graphene provided current spreading and injection into the p-type GaN layer, enabling three times enhanced electroluminescent intensity compared with those with graphene alone. We confirmed very strong blue light emission in a large area of the metal-graphene layer by analyzing image brightness.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.