Structural Characteristics of Ternary InxGa1-xAs Nanowires on Si (111) Grown via Au-Catalyzed VLS
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Structural Characteristics of Ternary InxGa1-xAs Nanowires on Si (111) Grown via Au-Catalyzed VLS
- Shin, Jae Cheol; Kim, Do Yang; Park, Jae Hyung; Oh, Si Duck; Ko, Hang Ju; Han, Myung Soo; Kim, Jae Hun; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Kim, Hyo Jin
- Energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy; In compositions; Near-infrared range; Optimized conditions; Silicon substrates; Structural characteristics; Transmission electron microscopy (TEM); Vapor-liquid-solid
- Issue Date
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- JOURNAL OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.13, no.5, pp.3511 - 3514
- We have characterized the structural properties of the ternary In xGa1-xAs nanowires (NWs) grown on silicon (Si) substrates using metalorganic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD). Au catalyzed vapor-liquid-solid (VLS) mode was used for the NW growth. The density of the InxGa1-xAs NW array grown under optimized condition exceeds 1 × 108/cm2. X-ray diffraction (XRD) spectra confirm the In composition (x = 0.9-0.3) of the InxGa 1-xAs nanowires which bandgap energy can cover the entire near-infrared (NIR) range. Massive stacking faults and twin planes were observed but no misfit dislocation was found along the NWs as confirmed by transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) analysis shows the gradual variation of In composition along the NW.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.