A Tele-Operated Display With a Predictive Display Algorithm
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A Tele-Operated Display With a Predictive Display Algorithm
- Jung, Yeongtae; Han, Kyutaek; Bae, Joonbum
- Issue Date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- IEEE ACCESS, v.7, pp.154447 - 154456
- Tele-operated display systems with head mounted displays (HMD) are becoming popular as visual feedback systems for tele-operation systems. However, the users are suffered from time-varying bidirectional delays caused by the latency and limited bandwidth of wireless communication networks. Here, we develop a tele-operated display system and a predictive display algorithm allowing comfortable use of HMDs by operators of tele-operation systems. Inspired by the kinematic model of the human head-neck complex, we built a robot neck-camera system to capture the field of view in any desired orientation. To reduce the negative effects of the time-varying bidirectional communication delay and operation delay of the robot neck, we developed a predictive display algorithm based on a kinematic model of the human/robot neck-camera system, and a geometrical model of a camera. Experimental results showed that the system provide predicted images with high frame rate to the user.
- Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.