Schottky Barrier Modulation of Metal/4H-SiC Junction with Thin Interface Spacer Driven by Surface Polarization Charge on 4H-SiC Substrate
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Schottky Barrier Modulation of Metal/4H-SiC Junction with Thin Interface Spacer Driven by Surface Polarization Charge on 4H-SiC Substrate
- Choi, Gahyun; Yoon, Hoon Hahn; Jung, Sungchul; Jeon, Youngeun; Lee, Jung Yong; Bahng, Wook; Park, Kibog
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.107, no.25, pp.252101-1 - 252101-5
- The Au/Ni/Al2O3/4H-SiC junction with the Al2O3 film as a thin spacer layer was found to show the electrical characteristics of a typical rectifying Schottky contact, which is considered to be due to the leakiness of the spacer layer. The Schottky barrier of the junction was measured to be higher than an Au/Ni/4H-SiC junction with no spacer layer. It is believed that the negative surface bound charge originating from the spontaneous polarization of 4H-SiC causes the Schottky barrier increase. The use of a thin spacer layer can be an efficient experimental method to modulate Schottky barriers of metal/4H-SiC junctions.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.