The SWI/SNF-like BAF complex is essential for early B cell development
Cited 10 times inCited 0 times in
- The SWI/SNF-like BAF complex is essential for early B cell development
- Choi, Jinwook; Ko, Myunggon; Jeon, Shin; Jeon, Yoon; Park, Kyungsoo; Lee, Changjin; Lee, Ho; Seong, Rho H
- Issue Date
- AMER ASSOC IMMUNOLOGISTS
- JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY, v.188, no.8, pp.3791 - 3803
- During the process of B cell development, transcription factors, such as E2A and Ebf1, have been known to play key roles. Although transcription factors and chromatin regulators work in concert to direct the expression of B lineage-specific genes, little is known about the involvement of regulators for chromatin structure during B lymphopoiesis. In this article, we show that deletion of Srg3/mBaf155, a scaffold subunit of the SWI/SNF-like BAF complex, in the hematopoietic lineage caused defects at both the common lymphoid progenitor stage and the transition from pre-pro-B to early pro-B cells due to failures in the expression of B lineage-specific genes, such as Ebf1 and Il7ra, and their downstream target genes. Moreover, mice that were deficient in the expression of Brg1, a subunit of the complex with ATPase activity, also showed defects in early B cell development. We also found that the expression of Ebf1 and Il7ra is directly regulated by the SWI/SNF-like BAF complex. Thus, our results suggest that the SWI/SNF-like BAF complex facilitates early B cell development by regulating the expression of B lineage-specific genes.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.