Closed-Form Expressions for the Noise Voltage Caused by a Burst Train of IC Switching Currents on a Power Distribution Network
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Closed-Form Expressions for the Noise Voltage Caused by a Burst Train of IC Switching Currents on a Power Distribution Network
- Kim, Jingook; Lee, Jongjoo; Ahn, Seungyoung; Fan, Jun
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY, v.56, no.6, pp.1585 - 1597
- A burst stimulus of data is a common activity in circuits and systems. The supply noise voltage waveform induced by a burst train of integrated circuit (IC) switching currents is rigorously derived for a power distribution network (PDN) with power traces, commonly used in handheld devices. Closed-form expressions are proposed to quickly estimate the amount of voltage drop and overshoot and to develop more complete PDN design methodology as improved target impedances. The proposed PDN noise expressions are also validated with SPICE simulation and measurements using a fabricated IC and PCB.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.