Properties of alkali-activated systems with stone powder sludge
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- Properties of alkali-activated systems with stone powder sludge
- Choi, Se Jin; Jun, Ssang Sun; Oh, Jae Eun; Monteiro, Paulo J. M.
- Compressive strength; Fly ash; Granulated blast furnace slag; Microstructure; Stone powder sludge
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF MATERIAL CYCLES AND WASTE MANAGEMENT, v.12, no.4, pp.275 - 282
- This article investigates the effects of stone powder sludge on the microstructure and strength development of alkali-activated fly ash and blast furnace slag mixes. Stone powder sludge produced from a crushed aggregate factory was used to replace fly ash and granulated blast furnace slag at replacement ratios of 0%, 10%, 20%, and 30% by mass. The unit weight and compressive strength of the samples were measured, and scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive spectroscopy and X-ray diffraction (XRD) analyses were performed. The test results indicated that the compressive strength of alkali-activated blast furnace slag mixes using stone powder sludge was higher than that of the alkali-activated blast furnace slag control mix, but the compressive strength of alkali-activated fly ash mixes decreased with increasing replacement ratio of stone powder sludge. Microscopy results indicated that for alkaliactivated blast furnace slag samples, broken surfaces were more evident than for the alkali-activated fly ash samples. For all XRD diagrams, broad and diffuse peaks were observed around 2θ = 35° (d = 2.96-3.03 A), implying amorphous or short-ordering structure phases.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.