Purification and Characterization of a New Galactoside Specific Lectin from Trichosanthes Kirlowii Root
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Purification and Characterization of a New Galactoside Specific Lectin from Trichosanthes Kirlowii Root
- Yun, Doo Hee; Park, Eun Ju; Park, Jong Ok; Lee, Young Han; Seo, Jeong Kon; Ryu, Sung Ho; Suh, Pann-Ghill; Kim, Hee Sook
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOCIETY BIOCHEMISTRY & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
- BMB REPORTS, v.28, no.1, pp.6 - 11
- A new lectin, named Tf~A, was purified from Trichosanthes kirilowii root by acid-treated Sepharose 6B, Mono-Q, and TSK-gel 3000SW column sequential chromatography. The lectin appeared homogeneous by native gel electrophoresis at pH 4.3 and gave two protein bands of Mr=31 and 28 kDa by SDS-PAGE. The N-terminal amino acid sequences of the polypeptides of TRA have not been reported in amino acid sequences of the lectins. TRA lectin fomoed a precipitate with asialofetuin, neuraminidase-treated fetuin. A sugar inhibition assay indicated that N-acetyl-D-galactosamine, among the monosaccharides tested, was the most potent inhibitor of TRA-induced hemagglutination. Asialofetuin showed a 260-times stronger inhibitory activity than N-acetyl-D-galactosamine. TRA lectin also showed agglutination with normal leukocytes and lymphoma cells, but not with premature hemopoietic cells. These results suggest that TRA is a novel plant lectin.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.