Empowering Korean pre-service teachers of art
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Empowering Korean pre-service teachers of art
- Paek, Kyong-Mi
- Korea; art; reflective practice; teacher education
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Education through Art, v.2, no.1, pp.27 - 42
- This practitioner inquiry set out to help pre-service art teachers recognize and go beyond the constraints placed on them by pervasive curriculum patterns in conventional Korean teacher preparation. A series of assignments were designed to determine the nature of those constraints and pre-service teachers' strengths and to facilitate their reflective thinking during an art education course. Whereas the student responses to a preliminary questionnaire reflected limited views of art and art teaching, analysis of a sample of assignments at the end of the course indicated significant changes of beliefs and attitudes and potential for further growth; and highlighted potential curriculum content for inclusion in Korean art education.
- Appears in Collections:
- SLA_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.