Organometallic-Polypeptide Block Copolymers: Synthesis and Self-Assembly of Poly(ferrocenyldimethylsilane)-b-Poly(epsilon-benzyloxycarbonyl-L-Lysine)
Cited 20 times inCited 21 times in
- Organometallic-Polypeptide Block Copolymers: Synthesis and Self-Assembly of Poly(ferrocenyldimethylsilane)-b-Poly(epsilon-benzyloxycarbonyl-L-Lysine)
- Wang, Yishan; Zou, Shan; Kim, Kyoung Taek; Manners, Ian; Winnik, Mitchell A.
- Block copolymers micelles; Polyferrocenylsilane; Polypeptides; Rod-coil
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- CHEMISTRY-A EUROPEAN JOURNAL, v.14, no.28, pp.8624 - 8631
- A new type of metallopolymer-polypeptide block copolymer poly(ferrocenyldimethylsilane)-b-poly (e-benzyloxycarbonyl-L-lysine) was synthesized by ring-opening polymerization of ε-benzyloxycarbonyl-L-lysine N-carboxyanhydride initiated by using a primary amino-terminated poly(ferrocenyldimethylsilane). Studies on the self-organization behavior of this polypeptide block copolymer in both the bulk state and in solution were performed. In the bulk state, a cylindricalin-lamellar structure was observed in a compositionally asymmetric sample. Rod-like micelles with a polyferrocenylsilane core formed in a polypeptideselective solvent alone or in the presence of a common solvent. Significantly, an additional small quantity of the common solvent assisted the formation of longer micelles and micelles with better shape-regularity. This is attributed to a decrease in the number of nucleation events and PFS core reorganization effects.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.