Size selected mRNA induces expression of P-aminohippurate transport in Xenopus oocytes
Cited 0 times inCited 3 times in
- Size selected mRNA induces expression of P-aminohippurate transport in Xenopus oocytes
- Kwon, O.; Kwon, H. Moo; Hong, S.K.; Goldinger, J.M.
- Issue Date
- Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine
- PROCEEDINGS OF THE SOCIETY FOR EXPERIMENTAL BIOLOGY AND MEDICINE. SOCIETY FOR EXPERIMENTAL BIOLOGY AND MEDICINE (NEW YORK, N. Y.), v.192, no.2, pp.205 - 208
- Xenopus oocytes were injected with size-fractionated mRNA isolated from the renal cortex of rabbit kidney and after 4 days incubation, PAH uptake in oocytes injected with mRNA (0.7-1.3 kb) was 8 to 45 fold that of the water injected controls. The oocyte to medium ratio of accumulated PAH was 1.95. The Km and Vmax for transport were 333 μM and 66.6 nmoles·oocyte-1·min-1, respectively. This Km is similar to that reported for PAH transport in intact kidneys and slices. The uptake of PAH was unaffected by the absence of Na+ or the presence of probenecid. Expression of the transport represents the first step in an effort to clone and identify the gene for PAH transport.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.