Inductance and Resistance Calculations in Three-Dimensional Packaging Using Cylindrical Conduction-Mode Basis Functions
Cited 9 times inCited 10 times in
- Inductance and Resistance Calculations in Three-Dimensional Packaging Using Cylindrical Conduction-Mode Basis Functions
- Han, Ki Jin; Swaminathan, Madhavan
- Bonding wires; Cylindrical conduction-mode basis function (CMBF); Electric field integral equation (EFIE); Partial element equivalent circuit (PEEC) method; Proximity effect (PE); Skin effect (SE); System-in-package (SIP); Through-hole via (THV) interconnections
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN OF INTEGRATED CIRCUITS ANDSYSTEMS, v.28, no.6, pp.846 - 859
- For the successful electrical design of system-inpackage, this paper proposes an efficient method for extracting wideband resistance and inductance from a large number of 3-D interconnections. The proposed method uses the modal equivalent network from the electric field integral equation with cylindrical conduction-mode basis function, which reduces the matrix size for large 3-D interconnection problems. Additional enhancement schemes proposed further reduce the cost for computing the partial inductances. Therefore, the method discussed in this paper can be used to construct accurate models of a large number of 3-D interconnection structures such as more than 100 bonding wires used for stacking chips.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.