Physics-Based Inductance Extraction for Via Arrays in Parallel Planes for Power Distribution Network Design
Cited 18 times inCited 24 times in
- Physics-Based Inductance Extraction for Via Arrays in Parallel Planes for Power Distribution Network Design
- Kim, Jingook; Ren, Liehui; Fan, Jun
- Cavity model; decoupling capacitor; equivalent total inductance; integrated circuit (IC) pin layout; parallel planes; power distribution network (PDN); via inductance extraction
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MICROWAVE THEORY AND TECHNIQUES, v.58, no.9, pp.2434 - 2447
- A systematic approach for inductance extraction for via arrays between two parallel planes is presented. Both self and mutual inductance values are obtained based on a cavity model. The physics associated with the via inductances is analyzed, and a rigorous method is developed to derive an equivalent total inductance for multiple via arrays. Analytical equations for the equivalent total inductance are derived in closed forms for simple cases. The proposed method is corroborated with measurements, and application of the method for power distribution network designs is demonstrated.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.