Single-electron transistors fabricated with sidewall spacer patterning
Cited 7 times inCited 7 times in
- Single-electron transistors fabricated with sidewall spacer patterning
- Park, BG; Kim, DH; Kim, Kyung Rok; Song, KW; Lee, JD
- Complementary self-biasing method; DGSET; MOSET; Multi-valued logic; Phase control; Sidewall depletion gate; Sidewall spacer patterning; Single-electron transistor; SPICE
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS LTD- ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SUPERLATTICES AND MICROSTRUCTURES, v.34, no.3-6, pp.231 - 239
- We have implemented a sidewall spacer patterning method for novel dual-gate single-electron transistor (DGSET) and metal-oxide-semiconductor-based SET (MOSET) based on the uniform SOI wire, using conventional lithography and processing technology. A 30 nm wide silicon quantum wire is defined by a sidewall spacer patterning method, and depletion gates for two tunnel junctions of the DGSET are formed by the doped polycrystalline silicon sidewall. The fabricated DGSET and MOSET show clear single-electron tunneling phenomena at liquid nitrogen temperature and insensitivity of the Coulomb oscillation period to gate bias conditions. On the basis of the phase control capability of the sidewall depletion gates, we have proposed a complementary self-biasing method, which enables the SET/CMOS hybrid multi-valued logic (MVL) to operate perfectly well at high temperature, where the peak-to-valley current ratio of Coulomb oscillation severely decreases. The suggested scheme is evaluated by SPICE simulation with an analytical DGSET model, and it is confirmed that even DGSETs with a large Si island can be utilized efficiently in the multi-valued logic.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.