Silicon-based field-induced band-to-band tunneling effect transistor
Cited 8 times inCited 10 times in
- Silicon-based field-induced band-to-band tunneling effect transistor
- Kim, Kyung Rok; Kim, DH; Song, KW; Baek, G; Kim, HH; Huh, JI; Lee, JD; Park, BG
- Band-to-band tunneling; Degenerate; FIBTET; Negative differential transconductance; SOI MOSFET
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE ELECTRON DEVICE LETTERS, v.25, no.6, pp.439 - 441
- This letter reports a silicon-based field-induced band-to-band tunneling effect transistor (FIBTET), which has a structure totally compatible with silicon-on-insulator (SOI) MOSFET. The field-induced band-to-band tunneling effect between degenerate channel and source/drain is used as the key principle of the device operation. FIBTETs demonstrate the controllable negative differential transconductance characteristics at room temperature both for n-FIBTETs and p-FIBTETs. The size dependence of the device characteristics shows that the peak tunneling current can be controlled by the layout design of channel length and width.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.