Stabilization of monodomain polarization in ultrathin PbTiO3 films
Cited 155 times inCited 116 times in
- Stabilization of monodomain polarization in ultrathin PbTiO3 films
- Fong, DD; Kolpak, AM; Eastman, JA; Streiffer, SK; Fuoss, PH; Stephenson, GB; Thompson, C; Kim, DM; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Eom, CB; Grinberg, I; Rappe, AM
- Curie temperature; Ionic adsorbates; Monodomains
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.96, no.12, pp. -
- Using in situ high-resolution synchrotron x-ray scattering, the Curie temperature T-C has been determined for ultrathin c-axis epitaxial PbTiO3 films on conducting substrates (SrRuO3 on SrTiO3), with surfaces exposed to a controlled vapor environment. The suppression of T-C was relatively small, even for the thinnest film (1.2 nm). We observe that 180 degrees stripe domains do not form, indicating that the depolarizing field is compensated by free charge at both interfaces. This is confirmed by ab initio calculations that find polar ground states in the presence of ionic adsorbates.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.