Prediction of ferroelectricity in BaTiO3/SrTiO3 superlattices with domains
Cited 46 times inCited 34 times in
- Prediction of ferroelectricity in BaTiO3/SrTiO3 superlattices with domains
- Li, Y. L; Hu, S. Y.; Tenne, D.; Soukiassian, A.; Schlom, D. G.; Xi, X. X.; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Eom, C. B.; Saxena, A.; Lookman, T.
- PHASE-FIELD MODEL; THIN-FILMS; TRANSITION; EVOLUTION
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.91, no.11, pp. -
- The phase transitions of superlattices into single- and multidomain states were studied using a mesoscale phase-field model incorporating structural inhomogeneity, micromechanics, and electrostatics. While the predictions of transition temperatures of BaTiO3/SrTiO3 superlattices into multidomains show remarkably good, quantitative agreement with ultraviolet Raman spectroscopic and variable-temperature x-ray diffraction measurements, the single-domain assumption breaks down for superlattices in which the nonferroelectric layer thickness exceeds the characteristic domain size in the ferroelectric layers.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.