Interfacial coherency and ferroelectricity of BaTiO(3)/SrTiO(3) superlattice films
Cited 31 times inCited 27 times in
- Interfacial coherency and ferroelectricity of BaTiO(3)/SrTiO(3) superlattice films
- Li, Y. L.; Hu, S. Y.; Tenne, D.; Soukiassian, A.; Schlom, D. G.; Chen, L. Q.; Xi, X. X.; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Eom, C. B.; Saxena, A.; Lookman, T.; Jia, Q. X.
- DIELECTRIC-PROPERTIES; DOMAIN-STRUCTURES; THIN-FILMS; ENHANCEMENT; POLARIZATION; DEPOSITION
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.91, no.25, pp.252904-1 - 252904-3
- We studied the phase transitions, domain morphologies, and polarizations in BaTiO(3)/SrTiO(3) superlattices grown on SrTiO(3) substrates. Using the phase field approach, we discovered the remarkable influence of film/substrate interfacial coherency on the ferroelectricity of the SrTiO(3) layers within a superlattice: it is an orthorhombic ferroelectric for an incoherent interface while it exhibits only induced polarization by the adjacent BaTiO(3) layers for a coherent interface. We presented the domain morphologies within individual BaTiO(3) and SrTiO(3) layers which have different ferroelectric symmetries. The results are compared to ultraviolet Raman spectroscopy and variable temperature x-ray diffraction measurements.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.