Intermodulation distortion in epitaxial Y-Ba-Cu-O thick films and multilayers
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Intermodulation distortion in epitaxial Y-Ba-Cu-O thick films and multilayers
- Jang, Ho Won; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Folkman, Chad M.; Oates, Daniel E.; Eom, Chang-Beom
- Intermodulation distortion; Nonlinearity; Pulsedlaser deposition; YBa 2Cu3O7-δ
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON APPLIED SUPERCONDUCTIVITY, v.19, no.3, pp.2855 - 2858
- We report intermodulation distortion (IMD) in high-quality epitaxial YBa(2)Cu(3)O(7-delta) (YBCO) thick films and multilayers prepared by pulsed-laser deposition ( PLD) using multiple targets. Two sets of films were prepared: single-layer and multilayer YBCO films in which a 20-nm-thick CeO(2) inter layer is inserted between every 100-nm-thick YBCO layer. With increasing YBCO thickness from 200 nm to 1200 nm, single-layer films exhibited improvement of IMD, whereas multilayer films showed degradation of IMD. Similarly, YBCO crystalline quality in single-layer films was improved with increasing the thickness, while that in multi-layers films degraded. These results suggest that there is a strong correlation between crystalline quality and IMD for YBCO films. The comparison of experimental data with the theory of IMD suggests that improving crystalline quality is essential for YBCO films with thickness greater than 1 mu m to achieve an intrinsic non-linear behavior. PLD using multiple targets is a very useful method to grow thick YBCO films with high crystalline quality and low IMD.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.