Enhancement of field-emission properties in ZnO nanowire array by post-annealing in H 2 ambient
Cited 21 times inCited 19 times in
- Enhancement of field-emission properties in ZnO nanowire array by post-annealing in H 2 ambient
- Park, Kyung-Soo; Choi, Young-Jin; Ahn, Myoung-Won; Kim, Dong-Wan; Sung, Yun-Mo; Park, Jae-Gwan; Choi, Kyoung Jin
- Field emission; Nanowires; Post-annealing; Turn-on field; Work function
- Issue Date
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- JOURNAL OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.9, no.7, pp.4328 - 4332
- We studied the effects of post-annealing in H-2 and O-2 ambients on field-emission properties of vertically-aligned ZnO nanowire arrays synthesized by carbothermal reduction process. The turn-on electric field was dramatically decreased from 3.78 to 2.37 V/mu m after post-annealing in H-2 ambient, which was explained by both hydrogen passivation effects of deep levels and surface modification. In other words, we could observe significant decrease of deep level peak in photoluminescence measurements on hydrogen post-annealed ZnO nanowire array. And also hydrogen-related bonds are strongly increased from X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy measurements. These findings suggest that the concentration of conduction electrons increased by hydrogen post-annealing, which results in the enhanced tunneling probability of conduction electrons into the vacuum.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.