Morphological Evolution of CdS Nanowires to Nanosheets
Cited 5 times inCited 5 times in
- Morphological Evolution of CdS Nanowires to Nanosheets
- Choi, Young-Jin; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Kim, Dong-Wan; Park, Jae-Gwan
- Growth mechanism; Nanosheet; Nanowire; Vapor-liquid-solid; Vapor-solid
- Issue Date
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- JOURNAL OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.9, no.7, pp.4487 - 4491
- We report on the formation mechanism of CdS nanosheets based upon extensive scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscopy experiments. Two different CdS nanowires were synthesized, whose axial directions are in parallel with [00011 or [0 (1) over bar 10]. The -nanowires sustained one-dimensional growth characteristics irrespective of reaction temperature and duration. On the other hand, we observed two-dimensional lateral growth in the [0 (1) over bar 10]-nanowires. We proposed a three-step process for the morphological evolution of CdS nanowires to nanosheets; (1) nucleation and growth of nanowires by vapor-liquid-solid mechanism, (2) side-branching of secondary nanowires perpendicular to the original nanowires and filling between them by vapor-solid mechanism, and finally (3) formation of nanosheets through the repetition of side-branching and filling processes.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.