Microstructure and mechanical properties of an indirect-extruded Mg-8Sn-1Al-1Zn alloy
Cited 29 times inCited 23 times in
- Microstructure and mechanical properties of an indirect-extruded Mg-8Sn-1Al-1Zn alloy
- Park, Sung Soo; Tang, W. N.; You, B. S.
- Extrusion; Magnesium; Metals and alloys; Microstructure
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- MATERIALS LETTERS, v.64, no., pp.31 - 34
- The microstructure and mechanical properties of an indirect-extruded Mg-8Sn-1Al-1Zn (TAZ811) alloy were investigated and compared with those of a commercial Mg-3Al-1Zn (AZ31) alloy. In the extruded condition, the TAZ811 alloy shows a much smaller grain size but a stronger basal texture than the AZ31 alloy. In addition, the TAZ811 alloy contains fine Mg(2)Sn particles in the microstructure, whereas the AZ31 alloy reveals relatively coarse and sparse Al-Mn particles. The TAZ811 alloy showed tensile and compressive strengthening as well as a reduction in yield asymmetry between tension and compression, which is mainly due to grain refinement and the presence of fine Mg(2)Sn particles.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.