Incorporation of oxygen donors in AlGaN
Cited 21 times inCited 18 times in
- Incorporation of oxygen donors in AlGaN
- Jang, HW; Baik, Jeong Min; Lee, MK; Shin, HJ; Lee, JL
- Energy separation; Near-surface regions; Reactor pressure; Scanning photoemission microscopy (SPEM)
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.151, no.8, pp.G536 - G540
- The chemistry of oxygen atoms at the surface of an AlGaN layer for Al 0.35Ga0.65N/GaN heterostructures was investigated by scanning photoemission microscopy (SPEM) using synchrotron radiation. SPEM imaging and space-resolved photoemission spectroscopy showed that the oxygen atoms were preferentially incorporated into AlGaN rather than GaN due to the high reactivity of Al with oxygen. In situ annealing at 1000°C could lead to the outdiffusion of oxygen impurities from the bulk AlGaN, resulting in a significant increase in the intensity of Al-O bonds at the AlGaN surface. Therefore, it is suggested that the unintentional doping of oxygen impurities in AlGaN could yield a heavily doped n-type AlGaN layer, resulting in a drastic reduction in effective Schottky barrier heights of metal contacts on AlGaN/GaN heterostructures.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.