WRKY group IId transcription factors interact with calmodulin
Cited 65 times inCited 68 times in
- WRKY group IId transcription factors interact with calmodulin
- Park, Chan Young; Lee, JH; Yoo, JH; Moon, BC; Choi, MS; Kang, YH; Lee, SM; Kim, HS; Kang, KY; Chung, WS; Lim, CO; Cho, Moo Je
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- FEBS LETTERS, v.579, no.6, pp.1545 - 1550
- Calmodulin (CaM) is a ubiquitous Ca2+-binding protein known to regulate diverse cellular functions by modulating the activity of various target proteins. We isolated a cDNA encoding AtWRKY7, a novel CaM-binding transcription factor, from an Arabidopsis expression library with horseradish peroxidase-conjugated CaM. CaM binds specifically to the Ca2+- dependent CaM-binding domain (CaMBD) of AtWRKY7, as shown by site-directed mutagenesis, a gel mobility shift assay, a split-ubiquitin assay, and a competition assay using a Ca2+/CaM-dependent enzyme. Furthermore, we show that the CaMBD of AtWRKY7 is a conserved structural motif (C-motif) found in group IId of the WRKY protein family.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.