Cloning and characterization of TMPRSS6, a novel type 2 transmembrane serine protease
Cited 11 times inCited 9 times in
- Cloning and characterization of TMPRSS6, a novel type 2 transmembrane serine protease
- Park, Tae Joo; Lee, YJ; Kim, HJ; Park, HG; Park, WJ
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC MOLECULAR & CELLULAR BIOLOGY
- MOLECULES AND CELLS, v.19, no.2, pp.223 - 227
- We have identified TMPRSS6, a novel type 2 transmembrane serine protease. TMPRSS6 possesses all the signature motifs of the family of transmembrane serine proteases (TMPRSSs), including a transmembrane domain, an LDL receptor class A (LDLRA) domain, a scavenger receptor cysteine-rich (SRCR) domain, and a serine protease domain. The substrate specificity of TMPRSS6 is slightly different from those of other TMPRSS family members. Combined with the finding that TMPRSS6 is expressed strongly in the thyroid and weakly in the trachea, this may indicate that TMPRSS6 has a specialized role.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.