Gene-set approach for expression pattern analysis
Cited 151 times inCited 145 times in
- Gene-set approach for expression pattern analysis
- Nam, Dougu; Kim, Seon-Young
- Differential expression of genes; DNA microarray; Gene set analysis
- Issue Date
- OXFORD UNIV PRESS
- BRIEFINGS IN BIOINFORMATICS, v.9, no.3, pp.189 - 197
- Recently developed gene set analysis methods evaluate differential expression patterns of gene groups instead of those of individual genes. This approach especially targets gene groups whose constituents show subtle but coordinated expression changes, which might not be detected by the usual individual gene analysis. The approach has been quite successful in deriving new information from expression data, and a number of methods and tools have been developed intensively in recent years. We review those methods and currently available tools, classify them according to the statistical methods employed, and discuss their pros and cons. We also discuss several interesting extensions to the methods.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.