Controlling vibrational excitation with shaped mid-IR pulses
Cited 51 times inCited 43 times in
- Controlling vibrational excitation with shaped mid-IR pulses
- Strasfeld, David B.; Shim, Sang-Hee; Zanni, Martin T.
- DYNAMICS; SPECTROSCOPY; PHASE; RELAXATION; SCATTERING; MOLECULES
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.99, no.3, pp.1 - 4
- We report selective population of the excited vibrational levels of the T1u CO-stretching mode in W(CO)6 using phase-tailored, femtosecond mid-IR (5.2μm, 1923cm-1) pulses. An evolutionary algorithm was used to optimize specific vibrational populations. Stimulated emission peaks, indicative of population inversion, could be induced. Systematic truncation of each optimized pulse allowed for increased understanding of the excitation mechanism. The pulses and techniques developed herein will have broad applications in controlling ground state chemistry and enhancing vibrational spectroscopies.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- BME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.