Kinetic roughening of ion-sputtered Pd(001) surface: Beyond the Kuramoto-Sivashinsky model
Cited 31 times inCited 35 times in
- Kinetic roughening of ion-sputtered Pd(001) surface: Beyond the Kuramoto-Sivashinsky model
- Kim, TC; Ghim, Cheol-Min; Kim, HJ; Kim, DH; Noh, DY; Kim, ND; Chung, JW; Yang, JS; Chang, YJ; Noh, TW; Kahng, B; Kim, JS
- Issue Date
- AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.92, no.24, pp.1 - 4
- The kinetic roughening of Ar+ ion-sputtered Pd(001) surface was investigated. The facet formation on the sputtered surface was studied by tracing the extradiffraction peaks or satellites around the diffraction peaks corresponding to the sample surface. The morphological evolution of the sputtered Pd(001) surface was also investigated by an scanning tunneling microscopy (STM). It was shown that the nanoscale adatom islands form and grow with increasing sputter time.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.