Synthesis of ZnO nanorods by the thermal reduction process of a mixture of ZnO and Al powder
Cited 2 times inCited 2 times in
- Synthesis of ZnO nanorods by the thermal reduction process of a mixture of ZnO and Al powder
- Nam, Kyung-Don; Kwak, Sang Kyu; Lee, Jong-Min
- crystal growth; nanostructure; STEM; TEM; XRD
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- CRYSTAL RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY, v.46, no.12, pp.1323 - 1328
- Single-crystalline Zinc oxide (ZnO) nanorods were firstly synthesized on gold-coated Si substrate via a simple thermal reduction method from the mixture of ZnO and Al powder. The growth process was carried out in a quartz tube at different temperature (550-700 °C) and at different oxygen partial pressure. Their structure properties were investigated by X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscope (SEM), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The length of the as-prepared ZnO nanorods was up to several micrometers and their diameters were about 130 nm. The X-ray diffraction patterns, transmission electron microscopic images, and selective area electron diffraction patterns indicate that the one-dimensional ZnO nanorods are a pure Single-crystal and preferentially oriented in the  direction. The reaction mechanism of ZnO nanorods was proposed on the basis of experimental data.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.