Thermoelectrochemically Activated MoO2 Powder Electrode for Lithium Secondary Batteries
Cited 55 times inCited 43 times in
- Thermoelectrochemically Activated MoO2 Powder Electrode for Lithium Secondary Batteries
- Ku, Jun H.; Jung, Yoon Seok; Lee, Kyu Tae; Kim, Chang H.; Oh, Seung M.
- Charge discharge cycling; Conversion reactions; Cycle performance; De-lithiation; Elevated temperature; Four-electron reduction; High temperature; Lithiation; Lithium secondary batteries; Nano-sized; One-electron reductions; Powder electrodes; Reversible specific capacity; Room temperature
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.156, no.8, pp.A688 - A693
- The high temperature lithiation behavior of the MoO2 electrode is examined, which is lithiated by one-electron reduction (by addition reaction) at room temperature. At elevated temperatures, this electrode is lithiated with four-electron reduction by addition and continued conversion reaction. As a result of four-electron reduction, the initial crystalline MoO2 phase is decomposed into a nanosized mixture of metallic Mo and Li2O, which is in turn converted to nanosized MoO2 upon forthcoming delithiation. An interesting feature here is that as-generated nanosized MoO2 is now fully lithiated up to four-electron reduction even at room temperature. This phenomenon is named "thermoelectrochemical activation" because the extension from one- to four-electron reduction is achieved by a simple charge-discharge cycling made at elevated temperatures. The thermoelectrochemically activated MoO2 electrode delivers a reversible specific capacity that is close to the theoretical four-electron capacity (838 mAh g(-1)) with an excellent cycle performance at room temperature.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.