Fast fabrication technique for high-quality van der Waals heterostructures using inert shielding gas environment
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Fast fabrication technique for high-quality van der Waals heterostructures using inert shielding gas environment
- Nguyen, Van Huy; Kim, Minwook; Nguyen, Cao Thang; Suleman, Muhammad; Nguyen, Dinh Cong; Nasir, Naila; Rehman, Malik Abdul; Park, Hyun Min; Lee, Sohee; Kim, Sung Youb; Kumar, Sunil; Seo, Yongho
- Issue Date
- APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE, v.639, pp.158186
- 2D materials based on van der Waals heterostructures have remarkable applications in electronic de-vices. However, trapped contaminations between the interface heterostructure layers during fabrication pro-cesses degrade the device performance. Here, we report a novel fabrication method to prevent contamination of the device from air impurities to obtain atomically clean interfaces using an Argon shielding gas environment. Large-area graphene encapsulated with hexagonal boron nitride, approximately-12,637 & mu;m2, has been fabri-cated. Using the proposed methodology, high graphene mobility up to 600 000 cm2V- 1s- 1 at room temperature has been achieved. The theoretical analysis combined with a molecular dynamic simulation model was utilized to improve the dry transfer technique for large-scale fabrication of 2D materials.
- Appears in Collections:
- CN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.