Numerical simulation of femtosecond laser interaction with silicon
Cited 12 times inCited 16 times in
- Numerical simulation of femtosecond laser interaction with silicon
- Ki, Hyungson; Mazumder, J.
- Ablation; Emtosecond laser; FDTD; Finite-difference time-domain; Silicon; Two-temperature model
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF LASER APPLICATIONS, v.17, no.2, pp.110 - 117
- A numerical model for simulating femtosecond laser interaction with silicon is presented. This model simulates laser beam propagation by directly solving Maxwell's equations using the finite-difference time-domain method, so that complete electromagnetic nature of a laser beam is simulated accurately. Accurate computation of laser beam passage ensures realistic heat generation pattern in the target material. The two-temperature model has been adopted to simulate the energy transport of electrons and lattices. This study reveals interesting results regarding thermal energy generation and complex laser beam passage in the silicon target. The temperature histories of electrons and lattices are presented. (c) 2005 Laser Institute of America.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.