Two-photon photoelectron spectrum of methyl iodide through a dissociative intermediate state
Cited 11 times inCited 10 times in
- Two-photon photoelectron spectrum of methyl iodide through a dissociative intermediate state
- Schultz, Thomas; Fischer, I
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A, v.101, no.28, pp.5031 - 5034
- The two-photon photoelectron spectrum of methyl iodide was recorded in a magnetic bottle time-of-flight spectrometer. As absorption of the first photon is resonant with the dissociative A-state continuum of methyl iodide, the experiment corresponds to a bound-free-bound transition. A progression in the C-I stretching vibration is observed, which corresponds, in a simplified picture, to the dissociation coordinate. The results agree well with recently published two-photon ZEKE spectra of CH3I. This similarity has impact on an ongoing discussion about discrepancies between calculated and measured intensities in two-photon ionization spectra.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.