Boosting Hydrogen Evolution Reaction by Phase Engineering and Phosphorus Doping on Ru/P-TiO2
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Boosting Hydrogen Evolution Reaction by Phase Engineering and Phosphorus Doping on Ru/P-TiO2
- Zhou, Shizheng; Jang, Haeseong; Qin, Qing; Hou, Liqiang; Kim, Min Gyu; Liu, Shangguo; Liu, Xien; Cho, Jaephil
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, v.61, no.47
- Synergistic optimization of the elementary steps of water dissociation and hydrogen desorption for the hydrogen evolution reaction (HER) in alkaline media is a challenge. Herein, the Ru cluster anchored on a trace P-doped defective TiO2 substrate (Ru/P-TiO2) was synthesized as an electrocatalyst for the HER; it exhibited a commercial Pt/C-like geometric activity and an excellent mass activity of 9984.3 mA mg(Ru)(-1) at -0.05 V vs. RHE, which is 34.3 and 18.7 times higher than that of Pt/C and Ru/TiO2, respectively. Experimental and theoretical studies indicated that using a rutile-TiO2-crystal-phase substrate enhanced the HER activity more than the anatase phase. Rich surface oxygen vacancies on rutile-TiO2 facilitated the adsorption and dissociation of water, while the partial substitution of Ti4+ with P5+ enhanced H-2 generation by facilitating hydrogen spillover from the Ru site to the surface P site, synergistically enhancing the HER activity.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.