Pleckstrin homology domain of phospholipase C-gamma 1 directly binds to 68-kDa neurofilament light chain
Cited 9 times inCited 10 times in
- Pleckstrin homology domain of phospholipase C-gamma 1 directly binds to 68-kDa neurofilament light chain
- Kim, Sung-Kuk; Choi, Jang Hyun; Suh, Pann-Ghill; Chang, Jong-Soo
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC MED BIOCHEMISTRY MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
- EXPERIMENTAL AND MOLECULAR MEDICINE, v.38, no.3, pp.265 - 272
- Phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C-γ1 (PLC-γ1) has two pleckstrin homology (PH) domains: an amino-terminal domain (PH1) and a split PH domain (PH2). Here, we show that overlay assay of bovine brain tubulin pool with glutathione-S-transferase (GST)-PLC-γ1 PH domain fusion proteins, followed by matrix-assisted laser-desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS), identified 68-kDa neurofilament light chain (NF-L) as a binding protein of amino-terminal PH domain of PLC-γ1. NF-L is known as a component of neuronal intermediate filaments, which are responsible for supporting the structure of myelinated axons in neuron. PLC-γ1 and NF-L colocalized in the neurite in PC12 cells upon nerve growth factor stimulation. In vitro binding assay and immunoprecipitation analysis also showed a specific interaction of both proteins in differentiated PC12 cells. The phosphatidylinositol 4, 5-bisphosphate [PI(4,5)P2] hydrolyzing activity of PLC-γ1 was slightly decreased in the presence of purified NF-L in vitro, suggesting that NF-L inhibits PLC-γ1. Our results suggest that PLC-γ1-associated NF-L sequesters the phospholipid from the PH domain of PLC-γ1.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.