Sodium-Decorated Amorphous/Crystalline RuO2 with Rich Oxygen Vacancies: A Robust pH-Universal Oxygen Evolution Electrocatalyst
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Sodium-Decorated Amorphous/Crystalline RuO2 with Rich Oxygen Vacancies: A Robust pH-Universal Oxygen Evolution Electrocatalyst
- Zhang, Lijie; Jang, Haeseong; Liu, Huihui; Kim, Min Gyu; Yang, Dongjiang; Liu, Shangguo; Liu, Xien; Cho, Jaephil
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, v.60, no.34, pp.18821 - 18829
- The oxygen evolution reaction (OER) is a key reaction for many electrochemical devices. To date, many OER electrocatalysts function well in alkaline media, but exhibit poor performances in neutral and acidic media, especially the acidic stability. Herein, sodium-decorated amorphous/crystalline RuO2 with rich oxygen vacancies (a/c-RuO2) was developed as a pH-universal OER electrocatalyst. The a/c-RuO2 shows remarkable resistance to acid corrosion and oxidation during OER, which leads to an extremely high catalytic stability, as confirmed by a negligible overpotential increase after continuously catalyzing OER for 60 h at pH=1. Besides, a/c-RuO2 also exhibits superior OER activities to commercial RuO2 and most reported OER catalysts under all pH conditions. Theoretical calculations indicated that the introduction of Na dopant and oxygen vacancy in RuO2 weakens the adsorption strength of the OER intermediates by engineering the d-band center, thereby lowering the energy barrier for OER.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.