Supra-Binary Polarization in a Ferroelectric Nanowire
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Supra-Binary Polarization in a Ferroelectric Nanowire
- Xu, Wentao; Wang, Lihua; Yang, David ChangMo; Hajibabaei, Amir; Lee, Yeongjun; Park, Cheolmin; Lee, Tae-Woo; Kim, Kwang S.
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED MATERIALS, pp.2101981
- The prediction and observation of supra-binary polarization in a ferroelectric nanowire (FNW) covered with a semicylindrical gate that provides an anisotropic electric field in the FNW are reported. There are gate-voltage-driven transitions between four polarization states in the FNW's cross-section, dubbed vertical-up, vertical-down, radial-in, and radial-out. They are determined by the interplay between the spatial depolarization energy and the free energy induced by an anisotropic external electric field, in clear distinction from the conventional film-based binary ferroelectricity. When the FNW is mounted on a biased graphene nanoribbon (GNR), these transitions induce exotic current-voltage hysteresis in the FNW-GNR transistor. This discovery suggests new operating mechanisms of ferroelectric devices. In particular, it enables intrinsic quaternary-digit information manipulation in parallel to the bit manipulation employed in conventional data storage.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.