Transition-metal-free synthesis of substituted pyridines via ring expansion of 2-allyl-2H-azirines
Cited 4 times inCited 0 times in
- Transition-metal-free synthesis of substituted pyridines via ring expansion of 2-allyl-2H-azirines
- Jiang, Yaojia; Park, Cheol-Min; Loh, Teck-Peng
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ORGANIC LETTERS, v.16, no.13, pp.3432 - 3435
- A new strategy to open the 2-allyl-2H-azirines by 1,8-diazabicyclo[5.4.0] undec-7-ene (DBU) promotion in metal-free conditions affording 1-azatrienes that in situ electrocyclize to the pyridines in good to excellent yields is reported. The reaction displays a broad substrate scope and good tolerance to a variety of substituents including aryl, alkyl, and heterocyclic groups. In addition, one-pot synthesis of pyridines from oximes via in situ formation of 2H-azirines was achieved.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.