Review of machine learning methods in soft robotics
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Review of machine learning methods in soft robotics
- Kim, Daekyum; Kim, Sang-Hun; Kim, Taekyoung; Kang, Brian Byunghyun; Lee, Minhyuk; Park, Wookeun; Ku, Subyeong; Kim, DongWook; Kwon, Junghan; Lee, Hochang; Bae, Joonbum; Park, Yong-Lae; Cho, Kyu-Jin; Jo, Sungho
- Issue Date
- Public Library of Science
- PLOS ONE, v.16, no.2, pp.e0246102
- Soft robots have been extensively researched due to their flexible, deformable, and adaptive characteristics. However, compared to rigid robots, soft robots have issues in modeling, calibration, and control in that the innate characteristics of the soft materials can cause complex behaviors due to non-linearity and hysteresis. To overcome these limitations, recent studies have applied various approaches based on machine learning. This paper presents existing machine learning techniques in the soft robotic fields and categorizes the implementation of machine learning approaches in different soft robotic applications, which include soft sensors, soft actuators, and applications such as soft wearable robots. An analysis of the trends of different machine learning approaches with respect to different types of soft robot applications is presented; in addition to the current limitations in the research field, followed by a summary of the existing machine learning methods for soft robots.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.