Reprogrammable Ferromagnetic Domains for Reconfigurable Soft Magnetic Actuators
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Reprogrammable Ferromagnetic Domains for Reconfigurable Soft Magnetic Actuators
- Song, Hyeonseo; Lee, Hajun; Lee, Jaebyeong; Choe, Jun Kyu; Lee, Suwoo; Yi, Jee Yoon; Park, Sunghoon; Yoo, Jung-Woo; Kwon, Min Sang; Kim, Jiyun
- Issue Date
- American Chemical Society
- NANO LETTERS, v.20, no.7, pp.5185 - 5192
- Soft magnetic materials have shown promise in diverse applications due to their fast response, remote actuation, and large penetration range for various conditions. Herein, a new soft magnetic composite material capable of reprogramming its magnetization profile without changing intrinsic magnetic properties of embedded magnetic particles or the molecular property of base material is reported. This composite contains magnetic microspheres in an elastomeric matrix, and the magnetic microspheres are composed of ferromagnetic microparticles encapsulated with oligomeric-PEG. By controlling the encapsulating polymer phase transition, the magnetization profiles of the magnetic composite can be rewritten by physically realigning the ferromagnetic particles. Diverse magnetic actuators with reprogrammable magnetization profiles are developed to demonstrate the complete reprogramming of complex magnetization profile.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.