Hypertonic Stress in the Kidney: A Necessary Evil
Cited 21 times inCited 17 times in
- Hypertonic Stress in the Kidney: A Necessary Evil
- Kwon, Min Seong; Lim, Sun Woo; Kwon, H. Moo
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSIOLOGICAL SOC
- PHYSIOLOGY, v.24, no.3, pp.186 - 191
- The interstitium of the renal medulla is hypertonic, imposing deleterious effects on local cells. At the same time, the hypertonicity provides osmotic gradient for water reabsorption and is a local signal for tissue-specific gene expression and differentiation of the renal medulla, which is a critical organ for water homeostasis.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.