Pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole-Based Copolymers as Donor Materials for Organic Photovoltaics
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole-Based Copolymers as Donor Materials for Organic Photovoltaics
- Song, Suhee; Ko, Seo-Jin; Shin, Hyunmin; Jin, Youngeup; Kim, Il; Kim, Jin Young; Suh, Hongsuk
- Absorption onset; Donor materials; Electron donor acceptors; Organic photovoltaics; Polymer-based solar cells; Pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole-2,5- dione; Suzuki polymerization; Synthetic pigments
- Issue Date
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.34, no.11, pp.3399 - 3404
- A new accepter unit, pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole-2,5-dione, was prepared and utilized for the synthesis of the conjugated polymers containing electron donor-acceptor pair for OPVs. Pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole-2,5-dione unit, regioisomer of the known pyrrolo[3,4-c]pyrrole-1,4-dione, is originated from the structure of stable synthetic pigment. The new conjugated polymers with 1,4-diphenylpyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole-2,5-dione, thiophene and carbazole were synthesized using Suzuki polymerization to generate P1 and P2. The solid films of P1 and P2 show absorption bands with maximum peaks at about 377, 554 and 374, 542 nm and the absorption onsets at 670 and 674 nm, corresponding to band gaps of 1.85 and 1.84 eV, respectively. To improve the hole mobility of the polymer with 1,4-bis(4-butylphenyl)-pyrrolo[3,2-b]-pyrrole-2,5-dione unit, which was previously reported by us, the butyl group at the 4-positions of the N-substituted phenyl group was substituted with hydrogen and methyl group. The field-effect hole mobility of P2 is 9.6 × 10-5 cm2/Vs. The device with P2:PC71BM (1:2) showed VOC value of 0.84 V, JSC value of 5.10 mA/cm2, and FF of 0.33, giving PCE of 1.42%.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.