Frequency Distribution of the Amide-I Vibration Sorted by Residues in Amyloid Fibrils Revealed by 2D-IR Measurements and Simulations
Cited 0 times inCited 11 times in
- Frequency Distribution of the Amide-I Vibration Sorted by Residues in Amyloid Fibrils Revealed by 2D-IR Measurements and Simulations
- Falvo, Cyril; Zhuang, Wei; Kim, Yung Sam; Axelsen, Paul H.; Hochstrasser, Robin M.; Mukamel, Shaul
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY B, v.116, no.10, pp.3322 - 3330
- The infrared optical response of amyloid fibrils A beta(1-40) is investigated. Simulations of two models corresponding to different protonation states are compared with experiment. The simulations reveal that vibrational frequency distributions inside the fibrils are dominated by side chain fluctuations. We further confirm earlier suggestions based on 2D-IR measurements that water molecules can be trapped inside the fibrils.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.