Numerical Verification of Dielectric Contactor as Auxiliary Loads for Measuring the Multi-Port Network Parameter of Vertical Interconnection Array
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Numerical Verification of Dielectric Contactor as Auxiliary Loads for Measuring the Multi-Port Network Parameter of Vertical Interconnection Array
- Bae, Byungjin; Kim, Jingook; Han, Ki Jin
- Issue Date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- IEEE ACCESS, v.8, pp.117997 - 118004
- For the accurate and reliable multi-port characterization of vertical interconnection array structures, this paper presents an indirect-contact probing method to obtain network parameters of Nport device-under-tests (DUTs) using an M-port (N > M) vector network analyzer (VNA) with a dielectric contactor. By utilizing the dielectric contactor as auxiliary loads for un-probed ports for vertical interconnections, multiple M-port sub-array network parameters can be correctly synthesized into the Nport network parameters through the renormalization processes. To verify the proposed method, four-port DUTs for packaging and microwave applications were characterized with two-port indirect-contact probing sub-array simulations including the dielectric contactor. Compared with two-port direct-contact probing simulations without the dielectric contactor, it was confirmed that the proposed method with the dielectric contactor provides improved accuracy in terms of the feature selective validation (FSV) method.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.