Grain Boundary Mapping in Polycrystalline Graphene
Cited 191 times inCited 178 times in
- Grain Boundary Mapping in Polycrystalline Graphene
- Kim, Kwanpyo; Lee, Zonghoon; Regan, William; Kisielowski, C.; Crommie, M. F.; Zettl, A.
- Atomic arrangement; Boundary mapping; Conventional TEM; Dark field imaging; Direct mapping; grain; Graphene sheets; Length scale; polycrystalline; Scanning transmission electron microscopy; TEM
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS NANO, v.5, no.3, pp.2142 - 2146
- We report direct mapping of the grains and grain boundaries (GBs) of large-area monolayer polycrystalline graphene sheets, at large (several micrometer) and single-atom length scales. Global grain and GB mapping is performed using electron diffraction in scanning transmission electron microscopy (STEM) or using dark-field imaging in conventional TEM. Additionally, we employ aberration-corrected TEM to extract direct images of the local atomic arrangements of graphene GBs, which reveal the alternating pentagon-heptagon structure along high-angle GBs. Our findings provide a readily adaptable tool for graphene GB studies.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.