Characteristics of Strain-Induced In(x)Gai(1-x)As Nanowires Grown on Si(111) Substrates
Cited 10 times inCited 9 times in
- Characteristics of Strain-Induced In(x)Gai(1-x)As Nanowires Grown on Si(111) Substrates
- Shin, Jae Cheol; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Kim, Do Yang; Choi, Won Jun; Li, Xiuling
- Composition variation; Energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy; Morphological features; Si(111) substrate; Silicon substrates; Small fluctuation; Vapor-liquid-solid mechanism
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CRYSTAL GROWTH & DESIGN, v.12, no.6, pp.2994 - 2998
- Large strain-energy arising from lattice mismatch allows one-dimensional heteroepitaxial growth of In(chi)Gal(1-chi)As on silicon substrates without any catalyst or pattern assistance. In this paper, we show that in contrast to nanowires (NWs) grown by metal-catalyzed vapor-liquid-solid mechanism, strain-induced In chi Ga1-chi As NWs have several unique morphological features including no tapering, slight bending, and composition-dependent NW height saturation. Although small fluctuation exists, no systematic composition variations are observed over the entire In chi Ga1-chi As NW length within the resolution of the energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy analysis.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.